Acne – The Literal Pain on the Face – How to Deal with it
The onset of adolescence poses a plethora of physiological and psychological changes affecting both the body and mind. Prominent among these changes are the visible red eruptions on the face, called as Acne. Prompted by hormonal disturbances and lifestyle changes, adolescents fall prey to this aggravated condition.
Robbing the face of its natural beauty, acne commonly called pimples can be cured by adopting simple home remedies that can provide the much needed relief from pain as well as embarrassment. Avoiding the usage of harmful chemicals and exorbitantly priced facial scrubs, these natural remedies are a gentle reminder to our grand mom’s time tested concoctions!
Whether one has oily skin or not; acne is something that every adolescent goes through in a particular age! However, if you possess oily skin or a T-zone on your facial skin, then you can always use the best foundation for oily skin whenever you plan to go out with your friends for a day out or shopping or even to parties. While makeup and the foundation for oily skin are always there to hide the flaws of your skin, it is always good to attend the oily skin and acne issues with natural remedies. Here are a few proven remedies that you can try in order to cure your facial skin from the acne and acne scars.
**The Cheap and Best Natural Concoctions **
1. Yoghurt and Honey – The perfect combo
While tasting delicious in their own separate ways, a combination of low fat yoghurt with a tablespoon of natural honey when applied to acne help in controlling the bacterial action in addition to retaining the moisture content in the affected area.
2. Egg Whites – the natural way to blemish free skin
Blemishes visible alongside acne are another issue that needs to be tackled. Egg whites, the high protein substitutes come handy in fading these deep scars by absorbing excess sebum (oil) by actually drying the skin. However, a word of advice to complete this regime with a liberal application of a good moisturizer for a supple and well hydrated face.
3. Papayas – healthy to eat and easy to apply
Ripe papayas while serving as carotene rich fruits consumed for breakfast help are an excellent remedy for ache in their raw form. Raw papaya laden with an enzyme called papain is best in combating the inflammation (swelling) caused on account of the adamant acne. Exfoliating the skin of dead cells, raw papaya helps in removing excess lipids, thereby making the face smooth and glowing.
4. Paste from orange peels
Bright looking juicy and pulpy oranges are a temptation for everyone to consume. Having enjoyed the fruit, acne prone people can store the peels to be used as a paste on the inflamed area. Rich in vitamin C, citric acid and astringent properties make this fruity concoction a healthy procedure for glowing skin, promoting growth of new facial cells.
5. Strawberries and Honey – the sweet and sour remedy
Another tantalizing recipe that appeals to the palate of people is the mixture of strawberries and honey. This effective mixture provides huge benefits in contrast to costly medical products. Strawberries loaded with salicylic acid are an ideal remedy to beat acne, which is also provided in the commercial remedies for treating acne. Honey apart from lending its anti-inflammatory benefits wages a tough fight against bacteria causing acne.
6. A banana peel can work wonders too
The energy rich banana has lots to offer to mankind even in the form of its non-eatable peel. Containing loads of lutein, the peel works as a great source as an antioxidant in addition to providing visible benefits of anti-inflammation. Free from soreness, stroking a banana peel on the affected area does magic!
**So don’t worry! **
Help is just round the corner of every kitchen. Just go ahead and make the most of these natural solutions to flaunt flawless skin and enjoy the rush of adolescence without bothering about the scars that it may leave.
**Do you have skin tags? You can cover them with the best foundation for oily skin**
It’s normal for people to have skin tags. They are mostly the size of a grain or rice. Skin Tags are benign and non-cancerous tumors of the skin which does not have any symptoms. The only harm it can cause is to the self-esteem of a person. If a skin tag unsightly appears, its fine to live with it, but if it appears somewhere on the face or neck, it can be a little embarrassing. It can cause a little irritation if rubbed or scratched against any clothing or jewelry and sometimes while shaving.
Skin tags are composed of a core of ducts and fibers, fat cells, nerve cells, and an epidermis or covering. The surface of the skin tags may be smooth and irregular in shape and size. They are usually flesh colored or brown in color.
**They can be most commonly because of:-**
• Over weight
• Use of Steroid (Steroids cause Collagen fibers in the skin to bond and thus forms skin tags)
**Hair and makeup ideas with best foundation for oily skin**
There are different hair dos and makeup styles to suit different occasions and different individuals. Depending on the need of the hour and one’s pocket, one can choose the style of flaunting. Though one can carry herself the same daily way even for a special occasion but there is nothing wrong in looking little different and stylish for some special days. Hair and makeup with best foundation for oily skin can do wonders and enhance one’s beauty. You just need to choose the right style and you are ready to hit the floor. Use the right form of make up with the foundation for oily skin and you can look great in parties, on a day out with friends and more.
Remember you are a beautiful person and no one can take that beauty away from you. So smile and laugh out loud and live to the fullest and love yourself.
5. All You Need To Know About Yacon Syrup And Its Benefits
The fast track life of today makes it impossible for anyone to focus on their health. In the race for success we hardly have time to look after our health. We are constantly on the move. And on the move, we usually have little time to spare and look after our food habits. We prefer the ready-to-eat food options that are quick to cook or the readily available and ubiquitous fast food. It saves us considerable amount of time. But at the same time we end up ingesting a lot of calories and cholesterol in our body. So the challenge for us is to either manage our daily routines in a way that we have time to cook fresh and healthy food that is good for our healthy and body, or we find a simple yet healthy way to lose those extra calories that we are ingesting day in and day out.
What is Yacon Syrup?
Well, this miraculous syrup is one brilliant option to counter this challenge of maintaining a healthy body. It is made of the Smallanthus sonchifolius plant – the Yacon plant, found on the Andes Mountains of Southern America (in Bolivia, Brazil, Peru etc). The syrup is extracted from the tuberous roots of the plant. The tuberous root of the Yacon plant is a soluble fibre. The syrup is obtained by distilling and evaporating the juice of the tuber. It tastes sweet, and some may say that the taste is similar to maple syrup. Others may compare its taste with caramel. This is extensively used as a sweetener and those who get hold of it completely substitute sugar with this syrup. This is because when consumed, most of it passes the body undigested. Also, half of it consists of FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides) which is also present in onions, ginger etc but not as much as it is present in Yacon. This miraculous syrup works in an exceptional way, but it should also be kept in mind that other necessary steps to stay healthy and fit like exercise, diet regulation etc are also necessary. For best results this syrup should be taken as a supplement and not a substitute.
Some important facts related to regular intake of Yacon
Yacon syrup has been widely acclaimed by both health professionals and customers. When you take Yacon syrup on a regular basis, it helps in suppressing your appetite. On the one hand, you are not eating as much as earlier. This means that your body has lesser calories to process and burn. The deficit is covered by burning the stored calorie reserves of your body. This subsequently leads to increased rate of metabolism and reduction in weight. Fat and carbohydrate stored in your body is now burned at a faster rate resulting in weight loss. Appetite suppression and increasing metabolic rate are two approaches which when undertaken simultaneously can help in significant positive results.
Taking this syrup on a daily basis also helps you to completely reboot your body. Apart from helping in proper digestion, it also helps in maintaining a healthy metabolic rate. The net result is a reconditioned system whereby after taking yacon for long period, your body gets used to rejecting excess calories and absorbing only those nutrients that it needs. This in turn helps in maintaining a healthy body over a long period.
There are some side-effects of taking this syrup in large quantities. Higher dosage may lead to flatulence and bloating. So, only recommended doses must be taken. One must always ensure that a product suits one’s body. If there are any unwanted side effects then one must immediately stop the intake of yacon syrup.
What are the benefits of taking Yacon Syrup?
- Yacon syrup, as discussed, should be taken as a supplement rather than as a substitute. There are many benefits of taking Yacon Syrup on a regular basis. Apart from weight reduction, the top benefits of taking yacon are as follows:
- High Fibre Content – For people who have digestion related problems such as indigestion, constipation, irregular and painful bowel movements etc, fibre is considered as an important dietary component. People usually are not mindful or aware of the amount of fibre they should consume in their diets. Fibre helps in easing out such troubles related to digestion. This syrup unlike other natural sweeteners has a lot of fibre. Yacon syrup can be of immense help in this regard, as adequate and regular consumption can help in relieving digestion related stress.
- Helps in lowering cholesterol levels as well as blood sugar levels – Yacon syrup is of immense help for diabetics. It has a potential use as a sweetener, and can be therefore used as an alternative for sugar. It does not have any side-effects. It can be used as a sweetener by diabetics in their daily tea or coffee. Therefore, it helps in reducing the level of glucose in the blood. Additionally, this syrup also has properties that help in lowering the cholesterol levels amongst its regular users.
- Increases bone density – In old age many people suffer from degenerative bone ailments such as arthritis, osteoporosis, scoliosis etc. These diseases are usually combated using a variety of calcium supplements or milk products. Yacon syrup is also helpful in this regard, and if taken regularly it can help in increasing the bone density. It helps in delaying the onset of such bone related ailments by fortification of the bones, particularly the spine.
- Improves the functioning of immune system – The functioning of the immune system is very important. The immune system acts as a first line of defense against any external infection or threat. Since we eat unhealthy most of the times, the effectiveness of the immune system may be compromised thereby making us vulnerable to infections. The syrup also helps in boosting our immune system. It helps in protecting our body to defend us against any diseases or infections.
- Increased energy levels – One of the added benefits of taking yacon syrup is that it provides energy to people who are low on energy during the day or are generally lethargic.